Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Liverpool vs Marseilles: What will Rafa do?

Well to start off Crouch, Babel, and Finnan didn't play in the league match at Wigan so I expect all three to start here. Also Pennant is unavailable, so scratch him, and Reina will definitely get the call.

The other defenders I expect to join Stevie-F are Carra and Hyypia in the middle and Aurelio on the left. I expect Riise and Arbeloa to start from the bench only because they can provide coverage for multiple positions. Riise can play anywhere on the left and provide an attacking spark if needed while Arbeloa can cover all four backline positions.

In the midfield along with Babel, I expect Stevie-G and Mascherano to start at central mid and Benayoun to start on the right. I could possibly see Riise starting on the right and Babel starting at forward as well. You never know with Rafa. I doubt we'll see Leto start on the left though.

Up front, who knows? We could see Torres, Babel, or Voronin paired with Crouch. My guess would be Voronin, but nothing else would surprise. I highly doubt Kuyt will get the call as he has played less than efficient recently.

So here's my final guess:
Reina
Arbeloa
Carra
Hyypia
Finnan
Riise
Mascherano
Gerrard
Benayoun
Babel
Crouch

Bench:
Itandje
Lucas
Leto
Aurelio
Torres
Voronin
Sissoko

I had a little fun with this one and I don't expect to be right, but what the heck. As you can tell I changed my mind a lot. I'm sure Rafa is licking his chops for when Agger, Xabi, and Kewell get back.

No comments:

Popular Posts