Saturday, December 8, 2007

Liverpool at Reading: Live-blogging? Why not.

I'm not gonna promise much, but let's see how this works out. The line-up is here. Expect a lot of rubbish and Crouch-nagging. T-minus 30 until kick-off...

Scarf? Check. Guinness? Check. Looks like I'm prepared... maybe a Jamison too? We'll see...

I loaded up my fantasy side with Man U players and though it doesn't appear to be paying off as much as I like, I'll have to wait and see what kind of residuals I collect. Lots of shots on goal at least and Tevez is helping me out with a brace.

C-Ron with a dive in the box... shameful... but I'll take the fantasy points.

I've been reading Gerrard's book when I get bored analyzing the poetry of Richard Cranshaw. Quite a change of pace. His honesty is just brutal... not to mention his vocabulary.

Five minutes to go. I have some jitters... a good sign.

I might be at the worse pub in Belfast, a little place called the Duke of York... the barmaid might be the most annoying I've ever had to deal with... She wants me to say she's Steven Gerrard's lover... ahem.

The boys come out... serious and all. Torres has hair like a wet dog.

Here we go... Reading full speed ahead... pinball time. Neither side taking control early. We need to calm down and be calculated in our approach. We can beat Reading at their chaos theory, but why bother?

Torres looks hungry, trying to take on the whole Reading side. Not this time.

Mascherano tries a brilliant through ball to Torres... almost gets there.

4' Gerrard tries to jump start the attack... too many Reading players in too little space. We seem out of sorts.

6' Looks like we have a touchy ref here. Foul on Riise for basically out-jumping a Reading player.

By the way, I can't check comments during the match. Sorry. Maybe at the half.

8' Torres controls a Riise throw-in in the box, nutmegs a defender, but it's straight at Hahnemann.

All right, this isn't working out, sorry, I'll be back at the half.

No comments:

Popular Posts