I've seen this list posted on a few sites and still can't believe how unbelievably retarded it is. First of all, what is FourFourTwo's criteria? The opinion of Nike, Adidas, and FIFA? They certainly didn't take all-round play into account, because Kaka is a second rate defender at best. That's why they have Gattuso on Milan. There's no doubting the Brazilian's attacking skills, but he's utterly useless and a borderline burden on the other end. I know, I know, they have to make sure he doesn't get hurt. My bad.
I know I may be biased, but please prove me wrong. Mascherano was arguably our best player in our Champions League run last year, he was arguably the best player on the pitch versus AC Milan in the final (Just ask Kaka, who did shit all when Javi was on the pitch), and he was arguably Argentina's best player in Copa this past summer (save maybe Riquelme, and that's a big maybe). The biggest difference between a player like Mascherano and Kaka? Mascherano can play on the attack as he has for Liverpool and his country, but Kaka could never become a holding/defensive midfielder.
I guess being great at a couple of things is better than being really good at practically everything? Yeah, I want a player that you can only play if you have another certain kind player on their with them. In that regard, Mascherano is two players for the price of one, Kaka is not. FourFourTwo aren't idiots though. They know how to ride the marketing machine that has already pumped the name 'Kaka' into millions of the air-filled heads of the mindless masses. They know how to sell magazines and that's all that matters.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Mascherano 94th? Ha ha ha!
Labels:
AC Milan,
Argentina,
Champions League,
Copa America,
Gattuso,
Javier Mascherano,
Kaka,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
I don't understand why so many Liverpool fans are against signing Eto'o on a free. The arguments of his 'loss of pace' are ...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
-
With the Lovren deal apparently on the rocks, Caulker off the table, and little other prospects in the wind, how about an inexpensive, Premi...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
No comments:
Post a Comment