After watching this highlight video of our Reserves side manhandling a Wigan Reserve side, I wonder if some of our kids are wasting their time against obviously subpar opponents.
Sebastian Leto, Nabil El Zhar, and Ray Putterill are all obviously more adept then their opponents in the 3-0 thrashing of a Wigan side that featured many Lactics first-teamers. I can understand keeping Leto around until Harry Kewell gets back to fighting form, but El Zhar and Putterill don't look to break into even a first team Cup side until at least next year. By the way, I didn't get to see the whole match, but Insua just looks bored the few seconds he makes the highlight reel.
I guess we need a Reserves side, but so far we look miles better than any of our competition. On Tuesday we thrashed Blackburn 3-1 and that was without Putterill or Leto as well as Lucas and Hobbs, two other players that frequently take the pitch for us as Reserves. Gary Ablett even called the win 'unconvincing'. A two goal win at Blackburn without four major players is unconvincing? We either played really horrid or Ablett has some unbelievable expectations.
Speaking of players on loan, I still can't find that Guthrie stunner for Blackburn yesterday. I'm beginning to wonder if there were even cameras there. Cheers.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Should Sebastian Leto be sent out on loan?
Labels:
Blackburn,
Blackburn Rovers,
El Zhar,
Hobbs,
Lactics,
Leto,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Lucas,
Putterill,
Rovers,
Wigan,
Wigan Athletic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
With the Lovren deal apparently on the rocks, Caulker off the table, and little other prospects in the wind, how about an inexpensive, Premi...
-
I don't understand why so many Liverpool fans are against signing Eto'o on a free. The arguments of his 'loss of pace' are ...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
If reports are true and we have captured 22-year-old left back Alberto Moreno from Sevilla for £12m, Ian Ayre has outdone himself because t...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
No comments:
Post a Comment