Ha ha ha. I know Platini and UEFA have it in for us after we made them look like complete amateur donkeys at the final last year, but you could least try to make an effort that the ref wasn't debriefed before the match. Two handballs went uncalled and in fact, I don't recall a free kick the entire match. I guess the early goal negated any effort to try and to actually referee the game. Whatever. Crap like this makes me look forward to a G14 Super League.
As for our performance, Hyypia is obviously fatigued and needs to start using his brain a little more. He played critical roles in both of Beşiktaş' goals.
The rest of the team seemed to have trouble staying out of each other's way. We also don't appear to want to help each other out when it looks as if one of us will have three defenders on us.
We were without a doubt the more dominant side here, but ultimately decisions on the ball cost us. Anyhow, we're still not done in CL play, but with UEFA having an agenda, I don't expect us to advance. Unless the G14 steps in and takes care of business, which wouldn't surprise me.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Liverpool 1, Beşiktaş 2
Labels:
Beşiktaş,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
In the 22 seasons of Premier League history, 11 times the previous season second-place finisher has won the league. For those of you who ar...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
-
To knock Beckham off his perch and become the top capped outfield player in Three Lions history. That's it, two more matches and he shou...
-
Ha ha ha. I know Platini and UEFA have it in for us after we made them look like complete amateur donkeys at the final last year, but you c...
-
I have yet to be able to adorn these fantasy picks posts with Liverpool players and now that I can, Sturridge is sidelined. There is a plet...
No comments:
Post a Comment