Well this is pretty much our Champions League life on the line. Anything but a win here and we'll need a miracle to advance to the knockout stages. We should be able to get the three points if we get a fairly called match and aren't sabotaged by one of our disgruntled players again. I'm specifically looking at you Mr. Crouch. Anyhow...
Here's who I would play:
Reina
Arbeloa
Carragher
Hyypia
Finnan
Riise
Mascherano
Xabi (or Gerrard)
Gerrard (or Pennant)
Voronin
Crouch
Bench:
Itandje
Babel
Lucas
Benayoun
Kuyt
Sissoko
Pennant (or Xabi)
When Gerrard starts on the right, which I think will start happening more often, we'll see Finnan instead of Arbeloa behind him since Finnan is more of a wing-back than Arbeloa. Arbeloa's attacking style is straight-forward and similar to Gerrard's so we would pretty much be wasting a flank by having those two line-up on the same side. If Rafa doesn't think Xabi is available to start, expect Gerrard to start in the middle with Pennant on the right.
When we get Agger and Aurelio back, our defense will be much better as Hyypia and Finnan will be able to rest more. I understand those two still wanting to play for their countries, but they need to seriously consider their age and inability to bounce back as fast from playing two matches every week. The affects on Hyypia have been slowly beginning to show as he looks tired and even less quick than usual.
I hope Rafa has a quick trigger when it comes to subbing under performers today. We cannot have Crouch trying to play midfield nor Riise attempting 35 foot bangers every time he gets the chance. I would like to see more shots from outside of the box, but from multiple players, especially Pennant if he gets the chance. We cannot afford to to relax at any point today and our attack must be relentless. I also believe it's high time Masche gets his first Liverpool goal. Maybe he can wear an Argentina kit under his shirt.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Liverpool at Beşiktaş: What will Rafa do?
Labels:
Beşiktaş,
Champions League,
Javier Mascherano,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Rafa Benitez,
Steven Gerrard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
1. Lallana has apparently put a spell on most LFC fans. I have never been more shocked and ashamed by my fellow Reds supporters than today....
-
Players must have played at least 300 minutes to qualify. Efficiency ratings are how likely a positive outcome will occur while that player...
-
The latest slop to come from the transfer pig trough is Liverpool's interest in Juventus midfielders Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba. The c...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
-
In the 22 seasons of Premier League history, 11 times the previous season second-place finisher has won the league. For those of you who ar...
-
To knock Beckham off his perch and become the top capped outfield player in Three Lions history. That's it, two more matches and he shou...
-
( Note: Most of this article was written before today's incident. ) Though I doubt the reports that Luis Suarez wants out are true, af...
No comments:
Post a Comment