There's no stopping Paul Anderson these days. The 19-year-old on-loan winger at Swansea scored his third league goal and his fifth overall of the season today as the Swans crushed League One leaders Leyton Orient, 5-0. It is the second straight match in which the Leicester product has netted. Their next match is a week from tomorrow when they face Bournemouth in league play.
Also former Red Neil Mellor scored for the first time this season for Preston North End as his side fell, 1-2, to Ipswich Town. The iconoclastic striker, who was voted 90th in the Players Who Shook the Kop vote despite only playing 16 matches in a Liverpool kit, came on as a second-half sub to cut the lead in half with a converted penalty in the 88th minute.
Finally, Robbie Fowler helped lead Cardiff City to their first league victory in a month, though they are now undefeated in their last four, the previous three being draws. Fowler and fellow geriatric teammate, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, both failed to score, but the Bluebirds still beat Burnley, 2-1, at Ninian Park. The side now sits at 13th in the Championship, the same place they finished last season. Cheers.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Paul Anderson with another
Labels:
bluebirds,
Bournemouth,
cardiff city,
Championship,
Ipswich Town,
League One,
Leyton Orient,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Neil Mellor,
Paul Anderson,
Preston,
Preston North End,
Swans,
Swansea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
I don't understand why so many Liverpool fans are against signing Eto'o on a free. The arguments of his 'loss of pace' are ...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
-
With the Lovren deal apparently on the rocks, Caulker off the table, and little other prospects in the wind, how about an inexpensive, Premi...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
No comments:
Post a Comment