1. Ander Herrera is rubbish. How much did they pay for him? The only thing he did well is foul and was lucky not to get a yellow. I thought he was some sort of pass master? Yeah...
2. Rooney still has no class. He is the epitome of what United fans consider a 'scouser'. To even act as if that was a legitimate goal is pathetic. Then to rant and rave about the ball being played on by Ibe when he got 'hurt'. Recovered pretty quickly from that, didn't he? And lastly, the foul on Sterling... It's a friendly, a meaningless match, which brings me to my next point...
3. United needed and wanted this match more than Liverpool. When Rodgers took out Gerrard, he pretty much said, 'Who cares?' We want to win real cups and trophies, not pseudo-Mickey Mouse titles. United acted like their whole season depended on this match, well, considering they won't play outside of England until next summer, I guess it did.
4. Liverpool collapsed too easily, this can't happen in matches that actually count. After the first goal, they looked like a bunch of 12-year-olds thrown on the pitch together yesterday. It's as if they forgot all their training and how to work together. As for the goals, what was Mignolet thinking on the first one? He committed way too much to his right and left more of the goal exposed. It was clear Rooney wasn't going to get a powerful shot in. The second and third goals were deflections, so not much he can do there. United were lucky with both of them.
5. One pass does not make a match, Glen Johnson. An absolute horrid performance from the right back, despite setting Sterling for the penalty. He turned over the ball nearly every other time.
5b. We need another striker, stat. Lambert can not play up front by himself and he's looking more and more like a bad signing, but I'll hold back judgement until the season starts. Sturridge would have made a big difference as United could not contain the pace of Sterling and Ibe as it was...
5c. Speaking of those two, they made mince meat of the United defenders, who got a lot of favors from the ref, but the bottom line is the ball has to go in the back of the net or the performance is wasted. Jordan Henderson probably made the dribble of the match though, nutmegging and overpowering Luke Shaw to get free in the box, too bad his cross found Sterling on the other side of the box.
5d. Ashley Young is slow. When Kolo Toure out-paces you to the ball, you need to go play in Italy.
Monday, August 4, 2014
Liverpool 1, Man U 2: Five things learnt
Labels:
Gerrard,
Herrera,
LFC,
Liverpool,
Man U,
Man United,
Manchester United,
Rodgers,
Rooney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
With the Lovren deal apparently on the rocks, Caulker off the table, and little other prospects in the wind, how about an inexpensive, Premi...
-
I don't understand why so many Liverpool fans are against signing Eto'o on a free. The arguments of his 'loss of pace' are ...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
If reports are true and we have captured 22-year-old left back Alberto Moreno from Sevilla for £12m, Ian Ayre has outdone himself because t...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
No comments:
Post a Comment