1. Lallana has apparently put a spell on most LFC fans. I have never been more shocked and ashamed by my fellow Reds supporters than today. Adam Lallana voted as Man of the Match? Why? Someone please give me a rational, logical explanation with examples and statistics. Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Lovren, Moreno, Manquillo, and Skrtel were all more deserving. Markovic is six years his senior and has never played 'English' football, though he wasn't much worse than the Prince of St. Albans. Seriously, is it the Anglo-Saxon halo that is blinding you?
2. Balotelli is a match away from being rubbished. Or at least he should be. Super Mario was all but and it's becoming more apparent with each match that he either doesn't want/understand/care to play our style of football. He stands around doing nothing, thinks he'll be able to perform magic once he gets the ball, and then looks like a donkey when he does. I think he forgot how much faster and more physical the EPL is compared to Serie A. He'll be longing to return to Italy soon enough.
3. Henderson's passing is becoming unparalleled. Some of his passes in the first half I have only seen the likes of from one Steven George Gerrard. Brilliant stuff. I am not a huge Hendo fan, but if he continues to move the ball around like he did today, it's only a matter of time. Not to mention he has all-round skills with an engine that never quits. The only issue I have with him is that he gets too excited and still let's his age show by turning the ball over, taking a bad shot, making a bad tackle, etc.
4, We can play defence. We held Everton to just a goal and it was a lucky one at that. Coming in the Blues had scored at least two goals in every previous EPL match. Lovren and Skrtel appeared to get along and neither went forward too often, but even when they did, they would dump the ball then get back. Everton actually had more possession and a free-flowing ball moment until they got close to the 18-yard area, then they got shut down.
5. Gerrard still has it. Though I'd still give Man of the Match to Hendo for his all-round performance, Stevie-G silenced his critics with an outstanding show. The free kick was just the icing on the cake as his passing was world class, not to mention he added three successful tackles and three clearances to his tally. He's far from done.
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Five Things Learnt: Lallana is a sorcerer, not a magician
Labels:
English Premier League,
EPL,
Everton,
Gerrard,
Henderson,
Lallana,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Lovren,
Premier League,
Premiership,
Sterling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
With the Lovren deal apparently on the rocks, Caulker off the table, and little other prospects in the wind, how about an inexpensive, Premi...
-
I don't understand why so many Liverpool fans are against signing Eto'o on a free. The arguments of his 'loss of pace' are ...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
If reports are true and we have captured 22-year-old left back Alberto Moreno from Sevilla for £12m, Ian Ayre has outdone himself because t...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
No comments:
Post a Comment