Liverpool is 9-3-6 at Upton Park in the Prem and have won 4 of the last 5, which is significant considering that prior to their current run, LFC were 20-17-20 all-time at the northwest London grounds. Still at 24-17-21, they have not posted a winning record there, but have at least won more than they've lost. The last loss in February 2011 featured goals from Demba Ba, Scott Parker, and Glen Johnson, while the Hammers were then managed by Avram Grant.
In week 5 matches on the road in the Prem, Liverpool is 1-3-5. Their only win was at Ewood in 2003, a match that featured a brace by Michael Owen and Lucas Neill breaking Jamie Carragher's leg. Blackburn would later be managed by current West Ham manager Sam Allardyce and Neill would shun Liverpool in January 2007 for West Ham in a transfer fiasco, claiming 'footballing reasons' as an excuse.
West Ham are a ridiculously mediocre 6-1-6 at home in week 5 since the conception of the Prem, though that includes a 1-0 win in the Championship against Burnley in 2004-05. In 2009-10 they lost to Liverpool, 3-2, their only week 5 meeting at home versus the Merseyside club, which also featured a brace from Fernando Torres. They also played LFC at Anfield in week 5 of the 1994-95 season, which ended in a 0-0 draw despite Tony Coffee being sent off 9 minutes into the second half.
Now to the absolutely absurd, the previous season 2nd place club is 13-4-5 at the previous season 13th place finisher during week 5. Liverpool is 1-0-1 with a loss at Fulham in 2002-03 and a win at Bolton in 2009-10, both results were 3-2. West Ham has only featured in this match once, a 1994-95 2-0 win at home versus Blackburn.
I posted more about this match-up already. Feel free to draw your own conclusion.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
It's Sam Allardyce vs Brendan Rodgers and one has got the better talent
Labels:
English Premier League,
EPL,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Premiership,
West Ham,
WHFC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment