From the looks of it, a win by Liverpool is likely though a convincing one is in doubt. A trusted source has told me that there is a lot of money on Middlesbrough to win, which usually means a lot of people will lose money. Whether by wind or wonder, the house usually wins. The North Yorkshire club is also dominating final score and 'will qualify' wagering, meaning if it goes into extra time or pens.
Another reason LFC may win convincingly is the shear amount of firepower in midfield that Rodgers has decided to unleash upon Boro at Anfield today. Sterling and Markovic have the weaponry to tear the Championship sides to threads and leave a few morsels of poaching for Lambert. Oh, Lalllana is playing as well, but seeing his first two mediocre performances against more legitimate sides, a 'fantastic' performance for him would be pretentious and lead one to believe that maybe he belongs in second-tier football.
I'm sort of disappointed, but also surprised at Rodgers' selections. Suso deserves a chance and if he could show a commanding performance against the 5th place Teesside club, it may be a stepping stone for time against more formidable opponents. I think he'll get to see the pitch at some point today though, hopefully more than just a cameo.
The surprise is that Mignolet is starting, but maybe that's our gaffer's way of punishing the Belgian for his recent sub-par performances. Also no Sinclair? I thought for sure he'd he get a spot on the bench, but apparently Welsh defender Jordan Williams gets the call. Could be a tactical move who knows? Well, match starts soon, come on you Reds.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Liverpool may throttle Boro
Labels:
Boro,
Capital One Cup,
League Cup,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Markovic,
Middlesbrough,
Sterling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment