Friday, October 26, 2007

Turns out Jermaine Pennant has been playing injured for the last two months

Well, this makes sense and sort of makes me feel bad for the kid, but honestly, he should have probably not been playing hurt and taken care of this right away. I'm not a team physician so I'll just assume they did what they felt was best for him. Pennant will have surgery this weekend for a stress factor of his right tibia. He is expected to be out at least ten weeks.

That means as of this moment we have seven players out and makes me even more confident that Arbeloa has some sort of injury as well as he has not played for us since October 7th when Tottenham visited Anfield. I'm sort of pissed they handled Pennant's injury this way, but I understand why they kept it such a secret. They felt as if they could deal with it while he could still play, but it just didn't work out that way. Here's hoping he returns fit and in top form.

So for all you idiots who blamed Rafa's rotation policy as to our stumbling form, you owe the man an apology. Turns out we were in the midst of an injury crisis. Dumb asses.

No comments:

Popular Posts