Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Liverpool 1, Beşiktaş 2

Ha ha ha. I know Platini and UEFA have it in for us after we made them look like complete amateur donkeys at the final last year, but you could least try to make an effort that the ref wasn't debriefed before the match. Two handballs went uncalled and in fact, I don't recall a free kick the entire match. I guess the early goal negated any effort to try and to actually referee the game. Whatever. Crap like this makes me look forward to a G14 Super League.

As for our performance, Hyypia is obviously fatigued and needs to start using his brain a little more. He played critical roles in both of Beşiktaş' goals.

The rest of the team seemed to have trouble staying out of each other's way. We also don't appear to want to help each other out when it looks as if one of us will have three defenders on us.

We were without a doubt the more dominant side here, but ultimately decisions on the ball cost us. Anyhow, we're still not done in CL play, but with UEFA having an agenda, I don't expect us to advance. Unless the G14 steps in and takes care of business, which wouldn't surprise me.

No comments:

Popular Posts