Friday, October 5, 2007

Liverpool vs Tottenham: What will Rafa do?

Screw Rafa. He'll probably put out the usual boring, recycled line-up that he usually does, same players, different names. This post is about what I would do. So here we go.

Let's start up front where I would pair Babel with Kuyt. Babel hasn't played in the last three games and I'm sure is itching to get back on the pitch. He says he wants the opportunity to play forward, so let's see what he can do. Kuyt is a given, but he needs to end his current streak of futility.

At midfield on the left I would start Aurelio. He didn't look very comfortable at left back during the Marseilles match and constantly played forward, so let's see what he can do starting there. In the middle, I'd pair Gerrard and Mascherano. No explanation required and on the right, JP, who should be well-rested after his imposed Champions League night off.

At left back, I'd go with Riise. He and Aurelio can switch off on who goes ahead and who stays back on attack. My centre backs would be Carra and Arbeloa, who got his first night off of the year Wednesday. Finally, Finnan gets the call on the right and Pepe is the only keep for me.

There you have it.

Reina
Riise
Carra
Arbeloa
Finnan
Aurelio
Mascherano
Gerrard
Pennant
Kuyt
Babel

My bench:
Itandje
Hyypia
Benayoun
Sissoko
Torres

We really miss Agger and Alonso, hopefully they, along with Kewell, will return soon.

All this talk of having to win is rubbish. If we have to start talking about winning then there's something wrong with the ideology being instilled in our players. We should expect to win and not have to talk about. It should part of the club culture and instilled in the players that wear the kit. It worries me when I hear such notions.

No comments:

Popular Posts