For the first ten minutes of this match, it appeared we didn't learn anything for the Besitkas match. Immediately we started lobbing the ball forward looking for a cheap goal instead of being patient, working hard, and trying to open up the Fulham defense. Thankfully we appeared to realize this and slowly worked our way back to playing intelligent football.
Surprisingly, for the most part, Fulham is not keeping ten behind the ball, but are still effectively absorbing our attack. It's probably the fact that luck seems to be more on their side and less on ours though. We've created chances despite appearing to be somewhat out of sync, but either Fulham was able to smother such efforts or we place it wide.
I can't really complain about anyone's effort on the whole, but Mascherano and Crouch are definitely not having their best matches. Masche is giving the ball away nearly every other time he touches it and Crouch has been wholly ineffective. The England International has collected more fouls than shots and he has turned the ball over virally. Basically just your average outing for the forward.
Our best player so far has been Arbeloa, who's been simply amazing. Twice he's taken on a Fulham defender on the flank and twice he's made him look like a donkey. He's also made some superb tackles and the yellow card was for incidental contact, which is ridiculous. Other players that have put in solid performances have been Voronin and Hyypia.
I'm hoping we come out in the second and patiently enforce our will. If we can just keep passing, working the ball around, something will eventually open up. If we do bring some other players in, I hope Torres, Lucas, and Babel all get to contribute to our effort. We look the better side and a draw here would be just as bad as a loss in my opinion.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Liverpool 0, Fulham 0: halftime thoughts
Labels:
Alvaro Arbeloa,
Andriy Voronin,
Fulham,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Peter Crouch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment