The only kid that could have saw action today was Miki Roque for Xerez CD. The Segunda División side faced former LFC player Florent Sinama-Pongolle and Recreativo de Huelva in the first leg of the 5th round of the Copa Del Rey. Don't expect the 19-year-old to have seen any action though, for according to the official Xerez site, he's yet to play a single minute for his temporary side, which currently sit third from bottom on the división table, a point from relegation safety.
If he's not going to play, why is he there? He may be injured, but since he hasn't played at all, I have to assume otherwise, even though with Torres we know how rough the Spaniards can be in training. At least if he had stayed he'd play once in a while with the Reserves and get a chance to train with top flight players occasionally. Seems like a waste unless Rafa doesn't figure the young Spaniard in the club's future anyhow. Who knows. Anyhow, it looks like his side fell 0-1 to Recre on a goal by former Xerez forward Javier Camuñas.
In yesterday's Johnstone Paint Trophy action, Paul Anderson and Swansea City knocked Lee Peltier and Yeovil Town out of the competition, 1-0. Anderson failed to score for the first League trophy match of his career and was actually substituted in the 50th minute though it doesn't appear because of injury. Lee Peltier played the full ninety for his club.
Finally, Hartlepool United and Godwin Antwi were eliminated by Morecambe on penalty kicks as the match ended 1-1 in extra time. Antwi played the full match, but did neither score his side's lone goal nor participate in the decisive penalty kicks. Cheers.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
on-loan watch: Miki Roque for Xerez? & League Trophy results
Labels:
Godwin Antwi,
Hartlepool United,
Lee Peltier,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Miki Roque,
Paul Anderson,
Swansea,
Xerez,
Yeovil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
In the 22 seasons of Premier League history, 11 times the previous season second-place finisher has won the league. For those of you who ar...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
-
To knock Beckham off his perch and become the top capped outfield player in Three Lions history. That's it, two more matches and he shou...
-
Ha ha ha. I know Platini and UEFA have it in for us after we made them look like complete amateur donkeys at the final last year, but you c...
-
Players must have played at least 300 minutes to qualify. Efficiency ratings are how likely a positive outcome will occur while that player...
No comments:
Post a Comment