Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the four I listed in this post's title, the only one whom I'm disappointed about is Shaqiri. Apparently Bayern Munich offered him more money, but will that translate into more playing time for the loaded German side? Not that he'll be handed a spot at Liverpool, but Der FCB isn't called 'FC Hollywood' for nothing.
Apparently Roma are now in talks to sign the Swiss International. If I were Shaqiri and an Serie A club came for me with an offer equivalent or greater than what I could make anywhere else, I'd sign faster than an imploding Brazilian defense. Shaqiri will run rampant in Italy and his has the technical prowess to persevere as well.
Personally I have not been all the impressed with Marcos Rojo at the World Cup. He's got that WC hype feeling. He has received praises for his play in Portugal, but his stats do not overwhelm other than his card collection of 14 yellows and 3 reds in 33 matches. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is.
I don't care about Sanchez. He prefers Arsenal and that tells me he's absolutely clueless. The reason being his family wants to 'live in London' is just lame. Oh well, have fun getting rotated to death and make sure not to make Arsene angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry.
Finally we get to Origi, who I have already written about. Now there are reports that Spurs are interested in him. I couldn't care less either way considering we would probably loan him back to Lille anyhow. Seems ridiculous to me to spend £10m for a player just to loan him back to the club we bought him from. What are we, Chelsea now? And if Origi wants to know how things will probably work out for him at Tottenham, I suggest he give Erik Lamela a call.
Oh and we missed out on Ashley Cole. You can only imagine the tears. Let's just hope we 'miss out' on Bertrand as well. I will really be crying then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
I don't understand why so many Liverpool fans are against signing Eto'o on a free. The arguments of his 'loss of pace' are ...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
-
With the Lovren deal apparently on the rocks, Caulker off the table, and little other prospects in the wind, how about an inexpensive, Premi...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
No comments:
Post a Comment