Liverpool 2, Southampton 1: The match in stats
- Martin Skrtel had 20 clearances. He led Liverpool and the league last season with 11.5 per 90 minutes and is well on his way to doing so again this season. Lovren was second with 11 and Manquillo was third with 5.
- Skrtel also led the side in touches with 111, Manquillo was second with 109, and Lovren third with 86.
- Skrtel won the most aerial duels as well with 7 while Lovren was second with 6.
- Lovren led all players with an absolutely ridiculous passing rate of 96%, Skrtel was 2nd at 91%, and Gerrard third at 89%.
- Manquillo led the side with 6 tackles, Jordan Henderson was 2nd with 3.
- Gerrard completed 10 of 13 of long balls. He lead all outfield Prem players last year with 257.
- Daniel Sturridge attempted 20 passes the entire match, Joe Allen attempted that many in 31 minutes. Sturridge, a career 80% passer, completed 17 while Allen, a career 90% passer, completed 16.
- Raheem Sterling dribbled past 5 opponents, but was dispossessed 6 times.
-Rickie Lambert had more tackles, one, than Glen Johnson and Lucas Leiva combined.
- Every starter had at least one interception except Sturridge. Lovren and Manquillo led the team with 4 a piece.
- No Liverpool player committed more than a single foul. Thank you, Clattenburger.
- One of Glenn Johnson's shots landed in a rubbish bin, the other knocked an ice cream cone out of a six-year-old girl's hand.
- Lucas had a shot on target, created a chance, and dribbled past an opponent. Either he passed a few bills to the statistician before the match or it's his Uncle Joenihno recording the numbers.
- The only other player to do as Lucas did above was Raheem Sterling, he had 3 shots on target and 2 key passes though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment