I have yet to be able to adorn these fantasy picks posts with Liverpool players and now that I can, Sturridge is sidelined. There is a plethora of chop-lickin' picks this week including Liverpool, Chelsea, Stoke, Southampton, Man U, and even Hull?
Keeper
Asmir Begovic is the best keeper in the league and has the third most efficient defence playing in front of him. Factor in Stoke is home against Leicester on Saturday and it's a no-brainer. The Foxes have dropped all the way to second-to-last in attack eficiency, but they should be able to get off some shots on goal, though nothing Begovic can't handle.
Alternates: Speroni (CP), Mignolet (Liv), Forster (Sou), MacGregor (Hull)
Begovic also looks like a solid long-term pick as well with Stoke's upcoming fixtures: vs Leicester, at QPR, home to Newwcastle, at Sunderland, and then hosting Swansea. Mignolet has a lot of clean sheet chances coming up, the only worry being the massive schedule congestion coming up with Champions League and League Cup play. LFC play a ridiculous 7 fixtures in the next 23 days. Other decent picks are DeGea (Man U), Forster (Sou), and if you're feeling particularly cardiac-ish, Burnley's Tom Heaton has 5 weeks of clean sheet chances coming up.
Defenders
A blind monkey could probably pick a productive group of backs this week. The dream team would be Shawcross (Sto), Ivanovic (Che), Lovren (Liv), and Chester (Hull). The almost dreamy team would be Pieters (Sto), Moreno (Liv), Davies (Hull), and Clyne (Sou). The 'what the hell they'll probably do well' side would be Terry (Che), Dann (CP), Alderweireld (Sou), and Sakho (or Skrtel) (Liv). Finally, the 'why not? they are worth a shot' side is Rojo (Man U), Blackett (Man U), Kelly (CP), and Wilson (Sto). If I could only pick four, I would really role the dice and go with: Terry, Rojo, Kelly, and Pieters, just have a 'weird' feeling about those four. Is Daley Blind (Man U) listed as a defender? If so, he's worth a shot as well.
In the long term, it's more of who to avoid from Stoke, Liverpool, Man U, and Southampton. I think I'd go Shawcross, Lovren, Rojo, and oddly enough, Fonte (Sou). The latter is also worthy of a pick this week as well. The players I would avoid from those four clubs are Sakho (Liv), mostly because Skrtel will start when he's fit, Bardsley (Sto), Bertrand (Sou), and Evans (Man U). The latter three are all capable of having a solid run, but statistically least likely.
Midfielders
The elephant man's bones could pick a decent midfield this week. The ace picks are Sterling (Liv),Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard (Che), Schniederlin (Sou), Zaha (CP), DiMaria (Man U), and Mata (Man U). Decent picks are Henderson, Gerrard (Liv), Schurrle (Che), Cazorla (Ars), MacArthur, Puncheon (CP), McGeady (Eve), Livermore, Elmohamady, Ramirez (Hull), Ward-Prowse (Sou), N'Zonzi, Whelan, Moses (Sto), Johnson, Larrson, Rodwell, Giaccherini (Sun), Brunt, Gardner, and Morrison (WBA). Seriously, put all those names in a hat and draw, you'll probably have a better chance than anyone picking a high-scoring group. Again, if I had a gun to my head and had to go with my gut, I'd take Sterling, Schniederlin, Zaha, and DiMaria. If you truly want to take a gamble go with either Markovic or Lallana.
Long term picks are the same for defenders, pick from Stoke, Liverpool, Man U, and Southampton with a little sense and it should turn out fine. The players I would avoid though are Davis, Wanyama (Sou), Herrera (Man U), Allen and Lucas (Liv). Mainly because they are either inconsistent or not consistently in the line-up.
Forwards
Seriously, if you need help picking a few strikers for your team this week, you should probably just quit. A dead fish on a ouija board listening to Justin Bieber could pick decent front men this round. The prime picks are Balotelli (Liv), DeCosta (Che), Rooney, Van Persie (Man U), Pelle, Long (Sou), and Diouf (Sto). The boss picks are Gayle (CP), Lukaku, Naismith (Eve), Hernandez, Jelavic (Hull), Crouch (Sto), Wickham (Sun), and Berahino (WBA). The 'that guy at Anfield Banter don't know squat' picks are Zarate (WHam), Dzeko (MCity), Mirallas (Eve), Flacao (Man U) and Welbeck (Ars). If I went with my gut, I'd go with Balotelli, DeCosta, and Gayle.
My long term forwards would be Balotelli, Rooney, Pelle, Long, Diouf, and Bony (Swa).
Make sure to check and make sure your players are not injured and expected to start before the first match on Saturday. Not my problem otherwise. Cheers and buena suerte.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
EPL Fantasy Picks R4: Can't budge on Studge
Labels:
Balotelli,
DeCosta,
English Premier League,
EPL,
Fantasy,
Lovren,
Premier League,
Premiership,
Rooney,
Sterling,
Sturridge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
1. Lallana has apparently put a spell on most LFC fans. I have never been more shocked and ashamed by my fellow Reds supporters than today....
-
Players must have played at least 300 minutes to qualify. Efficiency ratings are how likely a positive outcome will occur while that player...
-
The latest slop to come from the transfer pig trough is Liverpool's interest in Juventus midfielders Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba. The c...
-
In the 22 seasons of Premier League history, 11 times the previous season second-place finisher has won the league. For those of you who ar...
-
To knock Beckham off his perch and become the top capped outfield player in Three Lions history. That's it, two more matches and he shou...
-
Whether this Goal article has even an ounce of truth to it, it is still amusing. In it, apparently Alexis Sanchez claims he chose Arsenal...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
No comments:
Post a Comment