Oh Everton, we are so sorry. It's not our fault that we were blessed with greater talent and conviction. You cannot blame us for being superior at football. Just accept that you've been surpassed by your younger sibling and... come on... don't be like that... Mum's gonna be disappointed.
Liverpool are 10-10-2 versus Everton at Anfield since the conception of the Premier League. The Toffees have not won this fixture in exactly 15 years come match day. Recently a pattern has developed, since 2006 Liverpool has won one year and drawn the next, which means we are due a draw tomorrow. I honestly think that's the worst that could happen.
The last time the Blues made the five minute trip down the road, they got hammered 4-0. That match occurred in January of this year and coming in, Everton was sitting just one point on the table behind LFC. Though it isn't indicative of the final score, our cross-town rivals were arguably better than us that day, but were just unable to score. The story of our current season so far.
I don't think this is the match that Rodgers can use to right the ship since Everton play a similar style of football. A win would definitely be a push in the right direction, but the real test will be Stoke in 8 days. We will need to toughen up for the Potters are begin to accept a long season of suffering.
As for the Blues, I hope Rodgers will use this match to get Moreno more involved and just see what works best for us in general. One thing he'll have to keep heavy tabs on is our centre backs moving forward and communication on defence in general. Mignolet and whoever starts at CB need to talk to one another early and often, I am so tired of the defensive errors that come from their inability to convey intentions.
We should win this match, we are the better side. As woeful as we are on defence, Everton is worse. Even without Sturridge, we will score, and we have the ability to hold them, whether we will or not is any body's guess.
Listen big brother, sorry I broke all your records... Can we just go down to the pub for a pint? Brother?
Friday, September 26, 2014
Liverpool vs Everton: Our envious older brother is coming for a visit
Labels:
EPL,
Everton,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Premier League,
Premiership,
Rodgers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment