Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Liverpool vs Wigan: Pennant's back! WTF?!

Here's the line-up:
Reina
Aurelio
Carragher
Arbeloa
Finnan
Kewell
Xabi
Mascherano
Pennant
Gerrard
Torres

Bench:
Itandje
Riise
Benayoun
Crouch
Kuyt

Wow. Didn't see that one coming, but really pleased we now have a true right winger out there. A bit odd that Crouch isn't starting with him though. I guess Rafa has enough faith in Gerrard and Torres to head the ball in from JP's and Aurelio's crosses. I'm pretty excited, nonetheless.

My second thought was where's Babel? He's not even on the bench, but Kuyt and Crouch are? Even with Benayoun, it doesn't leave us with many options of pace. I'd have put Babel there instead of Kuyt.

I also don't understand why we're going with a fully loaded squad. It's Wigan, not even a top ten side. If we don't get all three points here, we might as well pack it in and fully concentrate on Champions League. Absolutely no excuses, not even with Arbeloa at centre-back. God forbid if there's an injury, that has me more nervous than anything.

No comments:

Popular Posts