Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Liverpool vs Wigan: What will Rafa do?

With Crouch back from suspension, Voronin possessing fresh legs, and Wigan the opponent at Anfield, I don't see why Rafa wouldn't give Torres the match off here. That would ultimately result in a two week holiday, assuming that he isn't used for our FA Cup tie on Sunday at Luton. El NiƱo would, of course, be on the bench, in an emergency roll in at least the Lactics tie.

I think the same goes for Gerrard, Mascherano, and possibly even Harry Kewell. A midfield of Xabi and Momo would seem efficient, with possibly Lucas joining them as well and Babel going up front to make a 4-3-3 formation.

The Agger situation is getting more and more discouraging. I'm hoping that he gets a run out here, but if he doesn't get one at Luton, the injury is more severe than they're letting on. Let's just hope it's not career threatening. With that said, I guess Hobbs will start at CB since Hyypia is supposedly out until the 12th. I would go with Arbeloa, but I don't think Finnan can go for the third time in a week.

Here's my final guess:
Reina
Riise
Carra
Hobbs
Arbeloa
Xabi
Sissoko
Lucas
Voronin
Crouch
Babel

Bench:
Itandje
Aurelio
Gerrard
Kuyt
Torres

Xabi might have be prepared to play a little centre back if needed. I'm pretty confident in the three points there, but not as impressively done as would like. Probably 2-0 with Babel getting at least one of 'em. Cheers.

No comments:

Popular Posts