It appears Momo Sissoko's days at Liverpool are numbered. The 23-year-old lashed out in frustration after being omitted from the traveling squad to face Marseilles today. Being that his family is from France and would have a rare chance to see him play, the defensive midfielder felt he should have at least been included. Sorry, Momo, but you're wrong. Your form has been relatively poor this whole season and the only person you have to blame is yourself. Lucas may not get to play much either, but his attitude doesn't get in the way of his performance. At this point, I can't see Momo being kept around through the January window. It's disappointing, but he's not mentally capable of being in a rotated squad and it has obviously affected his play.
The legend who is John Barnes will be lending a helping hand of sorts to Roy Keane and the Black Cats by doing some pseudo-scouting for the Premiership club. The former winger will be running clinics in the Carribean and if upon seeing a player with the potential to benefit Sunderland, he'll be sent across the pond to trial under Keane. Barnes was born and raised in Jamaica before moving to England as a 13-year-old.
Besian Idrizaj, who was doing all of nothing on-loan to Crystal Palace, has been given permission by Neil Warnock to cut his year-loan early and return to Liverpool. Thank God, but like Craig Lindfield, the 20-year-old Austrian is going to find slim pickings when it comes to playing time, especially with the very recent emergence of Krisztián Németh. I guess we'll see if he'll be sent out on loan again, which would probably be best for everyone.
Finally, Rafa has stated that today's match will have no ramifications either way on whether or not he'll receive promised transfer funds in January. If they don't win today, I honestly don't know if Benitez will be around anyhow. Players and fans talk big, but I just can't see either wanting to leave LFC, except for Mascherano and maybe Xabi, but no one else will be going anywhere.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Today's Banter: Sissoko steamed over omission, John Barnes helps out Sunderland, Besian to return early, & more
Labels:
Besian Idrizaj,
John Barnes,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Momo Sissoko,
Rafa Benitez
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
In the 22 seasons of Premier League history, 11 times the previous season second-place finisher has won the league. For those of you who ar...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
-
To knock Beckham off his perch and become the top capped outfield player in Three Lions history. That's it, two more matches and he shou...
-
Ha ha ha. I know Platini and UEFA have it in for us after we made them look like complete amateur donkeys at the final last year, but you c...
-
Players must have played at least 300 minutes to qualify. Efficiency ratings are how likely a positive outcome will occur while that player...
No comments:
Post a Comment