Before last season's 5-0 drubbing at White Hart Lane, Liverpool had lost five straight matches there. The Reds are 6-5-11 in 22 Premiership seasons at Tottenham. Seven of those losses finished with a 1-2 scoreline. Liverpool have scored 30 goals and allowed 32 at Spurs over that period.
In their 20 matches away from Anfield on match day 3, LFC is 6-5-9. They are 1-1-0 at White Hart Lane during that time, a 0-0 draw in 2005-06 and 3-1 win in 1995-96. In the latter match, John Barnes scored a brace to give him 100 career goals for Liverpool, while Robbie Fowler's lone goal gave him 50.
Liverpool is 6-8-5 at the previous season 6th place finisher, though that opponent has never been Spurs.
The previous season 2nd place finisher is 9-6-6 at the previous season 6th place side, though the former has only lost once in the previous 8 meetings when Liverpool beat Chelsea 4-1 in 2011-12. Liverpool is 1-0-1 as the second place side in this situation, beating Villa 1-0 in 2009-10 and losing to Chelsea 2-1 in 02-03.
Everything points to a draw at the moment, but there's still plenty of research to be done.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Sunday is looking very 'drawish' at Tottenham
Labels:
English Premier League,
EPL,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Premier League,
Premiership,
Spurs,
Tottenham
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
In the 22 seasons of Premier League history, 11 times the previous season second-place finisher has won the league. For those of you who ar...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
-
To knock Beckham off his perch and become the top capped outfield player in Three Lions history. That's it, two more matches and he shou...
-
Ha ha ha. I know Platini and UEFA have it in for us after we made them look like complete amateur donkeys at the final last year, but you c...
-
Players must have played at least 300 minutes to qualify. Efficiency ratings are how likely a positive outcome will occur while that player...
No comments:
Post a Comment