In an odd turn of the screw, Manchester United boss and overall managing legend, none other than Sir Alex Ferguson, has praised Liverpool Football Club as the greatest club in the history of the world, ever. And if you believe that, I've got some beautifully refurbished country meadows in New Jersey I'd like to sell you.
No, I think about right now Rafa Benitez and LFC are more likely on Sir Alex's shit list than on his Christmas Card list. His latest comments about the Anfield club includes calling them 'opportunists' in regards to the Heinze controversy and then to add a few logs to the fire he says that he just grew tired of pursuing Torres and pretty much just let us have him. Thanks, Sénor Alec, your generosity is unrivaled.
I won't even address the latter comment since it's obviously just the case of one heartbroken girl veiling her wound after being rejecting by a boy for a girl she deems inferior. As for the 'opportunists' label, if that's not a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. This coming from a man who basically stole Giggs from Man City. At least Fergie admits he'd do the same if the tables were turned and he had the opportunity to sign Steven Gerrard in a similar manner.
Still, it's not like Man U has ever given a rat's ass about anyone else in their pursuit to better themselves. It's pure rubbish for Ferguson to even try to imply that he and his suitors have an ounce of concern for the clubs he plucks his players from. At least Liverpool make an effort to help out smaller clubs like Wrexham, Crewe Alexander, and MTK Hungária FC because they realize their importance in the overall scope of football.
And what's this crap about 'like the rest of them'. Is Sir Alex shitting gold these days? It's not like Man U has much of a history before 1993, before Cantona, before Roy Keane. You're not the cream of the football crop, you're the shit that won't flush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment