According to the match report on the official site, the Middlesborough Reserves side featuring Gaizka Mendieta and Lee Cattermole needed a 'Hand of God' a la Diego Maradona goal to draw 1-1 with our Reserves. Our goal was scored by Ray Putterill from the spot after a handball was called on Boro defender Jonathan Grounds in the box. Apparently Sebastian Leto was unstoppable and Lucas Leiva put in a solid match as well, but we were either unlucky or sloppy on our finishes. The next Reserves match will be on September 19th against Wigan Athletic at their place.
In other news, Paul Anderson has scored his second goal for Swansea City, netting in the 16th minute of Swansea's 3-2 League Trophy win over Millwall. It was Anderson's third start for the Swans, though he has played in three League One matches. His first goal for his out-on-loan club was in League Cup play against Walsall. The irony of the match was that the deciding goal was an Own Goal by former Liverpool defender, American Zak Whitbread.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
'Hand of God' gets Middlesborough Reserves a draw, Paul Anderson scores for Swansea
Labels:
Cattermole,
diego maradona,
hand of god,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Lucas,
Mendieta,
Paul Anderson,
Putterill,
Reserves,
Sebastian Leto,
Swansea,
Zak Whitbread
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment