- The big debate in the British papers today seems to be whether or not Steven Gerrard should receive a painkiller injection in his injured toe if it allows him to play for England on Saturday versus Israel at Wembley. It is no secret that Rafa thinks if Stevie-G needs an injection, he is still not fit, and no risk should be taken to further aggravate that injury. Steve McClaren sees no problem in it. The problem is Stevie wants to play, almost at all costs. I understand him wanting to play for his country, wanting to be the hero that helps them qualify for Euro 2008, but with our start in the league and our tendency over the last couple of years to get better as the season progresses, we have the best chance at winning the EPL for the first time in 17 years. McClaren dug this hole himself and I say let him make the sacrifice to get England out of it.
- For some reason, Micah Richards has offered his two cents on the Gerrard-needle debate, saying that he would gladly take the needle to play for his country. Oh the ignorant optimism of youth, it's what keeps the body bag industry in business during time of war. If anyone gives a rat's ass what a 19-year-old with a total of 5 international caps has to say, then you're an idiot. Leave it up to the big boys, son.
- On-loan Jimmy Ryan has revealed that he'd rather stay at Shrewsbury Town than return to Liverpool to fight for a spot. I say give the player his wish because if he'd be happy just to play instead of playing for a top club, he has no place on our squad.
- Finally, Fernando Torres has vowed to bring the title back to Anfield while Jamie Carragher has expressed his desperate desire to bring number 19 to his club before he retires. Maybe Carra can have a sit down with Gerrard.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Today's Banter: Gerrard & the needle debate, Micah Richards' thoughts on that subject, Jimmy Ryan would rather play for Shrewsbury Town, & more
Labels:
England,
Euro 2008,
Fernando Torres,
Israel,
Jamie Carragher,
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Micah Richards,
Rafa Benitez,
Steve McClaren,
Steven Gerrard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment