May not play for Ireland? That's ridiculous. I don't care how much he wants to play for his country, if he has even the slightest tinge of pain in his knee, he should not be allowed to play. I would understand if he was a 25-year-old, but he's not, he's 31. Not only that, but we signed him to a two-year deal this offseason and he should show his club the proper respect and not put himself at any more risk than humanly possible.
This type of crap really pisses me off and I don't understand why Rafa didn't ask him to retire from International duty when he re-signed him. If I were a manager of any football squad, I would make 30-years-old the mandatory International retirement age for my players and if they didn't like it then I would tell them to go waste some other clubs time, money, and effort by risking injury for their country.
In other news, apparently Steven Gerrard will be forbidden to play for England if painkillers are required. I'm not sure if that's what Stevie-G, Rafa, or Steve McClaren has decided, but whomever did, thank God. There's absolutely no reason for our captain risk further injury. Steve McClown got his country's squad in their current dire position and he should be the one to get them out of it, not any of the players.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Steve Finnan injured, may not play for Ireland?
Labels:
LFC,
Liverpool,
liverpool fc,
Rafa Benitez,
Steve Finnan,
Steven Gerrard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
I don't understand why so many Liverpool fans are against signing Eto'o on a free. The arguments of his 'loss of pace' are ...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Will Suarez succeed at Barca? Yes, he is a footballing genius. Yes, Messi and Neymar will play nice and share the ball. No, Messi and N...
-
With the Lovren deal apparently on the rocks, Caulker off the table, and little other prospects in the wind, how about an inexpensive, Premi...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
No comments:
Post a Comment