Here's an interesting stat, when Mascherano receives a card, the side is 2-4-5 with the only wins coming in a squeaker at Wigan earlier this season and a surprising route of PSV in the final eight of the Champions League last season. It's no coincidence that he's received cards in the last two matches with Man U, not to mention the farce that was the Champions League final last season.
This poses a problem on so many levels, it's hard to fathom. With him on the pitch, nothing less than a draw would seem feasible, but without him, we'll more than likely turn to the unpredictability of Lucas... unless Rafa loses his gourd and returns to the rotation asylum. Unfortunately, he won't have Harry Kewell at his disposal.
I would love to see Pennant get a start, but I won't hold my breathe. Babel up front with Torres would be awesome as well, but the chances of that happening is even slimmer. One thing I don't want to see is Peter Crouch... at all.
We haven't lost to Everton at Anfield in almost nine years, but with Howard Webb at the helm, who knows? Remember 1-1 Luton Town in the FA Cup, way back in January? Yep, that was him. I could wish for an untainted result, either way, but it won't matter. The 2-1 win at Goodison was fixed in our favor, I can only hope for the same here. Cheers.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've written about his German teammate, Max Kruse, already, but Borussia Möchengladbach's other offensive weapon, Brazilian forward...
-
I'm pretty bored, so I thought I'd throw my irrelevant two cents into the mix. Here's who I think were the world's best XI ...
-
Nathaniel Clyne gets no respect. The 23-year-old right back put up some solid attacking numbers last season and was more of a catalyst in t...
-
...mainly because I've been computer-less for about a week now. Which is also the reason for my lack of updates. I apologize, but hey,...
-
Until about five minutes to go, Liverpool were by far the better side. One error then the walls come crumbling down and that was our proble...
-
The Ginger Prince appears obsessed with the Reds these days, sounding off on our players whenever he can. I would say he's a wind-up mu...
-
Since Napoli have admitted they won't be able to pay Pepe Reina to stay, he may be sold to Arsenal at a discount of £5m. I think most...
-
Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season due to injury suffered in training today. The thing I'm most disappointed about is havi...
-
Despite being 'pre-season' and meaningless, last night's match exposed our need for another striker. Waiting for the magical bo...
-
Though it appears Lazar Markovic is a likely signing, others who were once possibly on our radar are gone or slowly disappearing. Of the fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment